Welcome to our Web Site. The voice you just heard on our web site phone is the voice of Grace Albaugh. That’s me. You may have heard my voice on our radio commercials too. The only reason I point this out is because in this day of hi-tech automated phone systems it’s nice to know that when you call our store you not only get to talk to a real live person, but you also get to talk to an owner.
My husband Ben, however, is the one who really runs the place, or so he thinks; and while Robert Paul TV has been around since 1949, I have not. We’re now the fastest growing electronics store in the Twin Cities.
Ben and I purchased Robert Paul TV together with Dan Ames in 1987 and there are many reasons why we’ve been able to compete successfully against the giant “big-box stores” for the past eighteen years. Fact is, the majority of our business is serving generations of “repeat-business.” The word seems to be getting out all over town. Customers will show up at our store in Roseville from as far away as Minnetonka, Savage, Burnsville and Wisconsin. It’s fun because now were serving third and fourth-generations families as customers.
Here’s a few more reasons:
1. Great Prices. Even though we’re one of the few locally owned independent stores left, we belong to a 2.2 billion dollar buying group that assures us of being able to offer you a price as good as the big guys.
2. Great Brands. The key to the way we choose our brands is based on two criteria. Repair history and value per dollar. Sony, Mitsubishi, LG, Sharp, Lowe, Pioneer and Yamaha are just some of the brands that meet our criteria.
3. Low Overhead. Looking at the outside of our store, we’re probably the ugly duckling of electronics stores. That’s O.K. Maybe our location isn’t on a hi-traffic highway, and maybe we don’t have a massive storefront with lavish offices. What we do have is low overhead, and that means low prices and extra services for our customers.
4. Personal Service. We’re probably the only ones left in the Twin Cities that will actually come out to your house, set up your TV and show you how to use it. That’s why we know so many of our customers by name and why our customers know us by the personal service they receive.
5. In-Store Service. We have four service technicians in our service department who actually repair anything that is purchased at Robert Paul. We won’t send your TV out the backdoor to someone else to be fixed. In fact, our techs receive “help calls” on tough-to-fix units from other dealers around the cities.
6. Extended Warranties – You don’t need one.
Our people won’t ask you to purchase an extended warranty with your TV because we don’t believe in them and we encourage customers not to buy them. From a business stand point, that doesn’t make sense because it’s a high-profit item in our industry. But we just don’t feel right about selling our customers something that 93% of the time they will never need. It’s a couple of hundred dollars that they really don’t need to spend.